We invite you to submit a proposal for the 2023 Transformative Learning Conference!
To submit your proposal, please visit the following site: http://www.cvent.com/c/abstracts/d6b09541-4025-436e-b19f-0995b73a895c
Note: In order to submit your abstract, you will need to create a CVent account if you have not already done so.
“Foundations and Frontiers: Exploring, Embracing, and Advancing Transformative Learning”
• Applying Transformative Learning in Teaching: Session emphasis is on sharing exercises, activities, and implications of TL in teaching.
• Demonstrating Transformative Learning During the Conference Session: Session emphasis is on creating a TL experience that includes critical reflection during the session.
• Engaging with Transformative Learning Research: Session emphasis includes more than just presenting research by asking individuals to consider implications of the research findings in their TL practice.
• Expanding Transformative Learning Contexts: Session emphasis is on pushing and expanding TL beyond present realities and into additional areas that may include sustainability, diversity and inclusion excellence, or social justice, among other areas.
We encourage Secondary and Higher Education teachers in STEEM to submit proposals. See the chart on the webpage to trigger awareness of some STEEM topics.
One Sentence Summary for Program: In addition to the inclusion of one of the threads each submission must contain a one-sentence summary of how the proposal connects to the TL thread.
1) 45-Minute Interactive Session must reflect one or more of the above threads.
2) Poster Session will be divided among a) undergraduate students only, b) undergraduate students that co-collaborate with faculty or graduate students, and c) faculty or graduate students. First, second, and third place will be awarded in the Undergraduate Student category. Poster sessions are designed to provide opportunities for visual inclusion of one of the threads. Included in the proposal should be a statement on how the poster relates to one of the conference threads. At least one author needs to be present during the designated poster session time. All of the same criteria should be demonstrated in a poster. The maximum poster size is 42 inches x 42 inches. The poster should be printed for attaching to a poster stand. Supplies for attaching the posters will be available.
If you believe you have information (e.g., a summary or other material) that participants would value please bring 10-15 handouts.
All abstracts will undergo a blind review process by three individuals who have indicated they understand transformative learning. The reviewers will come from within and outside the University of Central Oklahoma.
Submissions are evaluated on a 1 – 4 scale for the following areas:
1. Includes an effective one-sentence summary for the program stating how the session connects to TL in one of the threads
2. Contains information on how the proposal strongly relates to Transformative Learning
3. Provides a plan for effective audience interaction
4. Contains a clear breakdown of the session agenda
5. Makes reference to relevant research-based evidence
6. Includes effective learning outcomes for participants
Proposals are due by November 27, 2022.
All author(s) will receive a final notification via email by January 9, 2023, at the latest. Accepted authors that have not registered for the Conference by Jan. 31, 2023, will be withdrawn from the program.